Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sounds great! Doesn't it?


Every time I tell people I don’t have a roommate their first reaction is, “lucky!” I always smile and laugh, but really am I that lucky? There are perks to having your own room but it has its downs.

What’s so good about it?
1. You don’t have someone you have to live with, or what others say, put up with.
2. As I wrote in the blog above, you don’t need to keep your room clean.
3. You get both sides of the closet (and for girls this is heaven.)
4. You can move your beds together to make a queen!
5. You can stay up or get up at anytime without bothering anyone. You don’t have to worry about your music being loud or bothersome.
6. Friends can sleep over anytime.
7. Design the whole room how you like; no need to worry about their stuff.
8. You get the whole fridge to yourself.

It’s not all it’s cracked up to be though. You don’t have someone to share with. That relationship of your first roommate. When you first come to college, it’s that the friend you make and the special bond you two create. When you need someone in the middle of the night, or ask for a favor or help you with homework. It is nice to have the room to myself but I would like in a way to have a roommate for those reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment